Steward Offline / Unable To Connect
Steward Offline / Unable To Connect
Unable to Sign Into STEWARD?
The guide below can assist if you are having trouble signing into the Steward app.
This guide only applies if your home was built between the years 2018 and 2021.
If you have attempted to sign into the STEWARD app but are having failures signing in, there may be a few things that could prevent access. Always double check that you are using the correct login information provided to you at closing or provided to you in a blue envelope if you are taking over from a previous owner.
Next verify that your STEWARD device is powered on. The STEWARD device is located behind the STEWARD panel installed in your home. Locations may vary but the panel can be located in the basement or garage.
You will need a Philips screw driver to unscrew the panel from the wall in order to access the STEWARD device.
Once you open the panel you will locate a small black box called HomeSeer, it will look like the following:
- If it is not, press the power button to turn on the device.
- Once it is on you can try connecting again.
- If it is powered on and you are still having issues connecting you may need to power cycle the device.
- The device may be mounted to the wall and you will need to UN-mount it by sliding the device to the RIGHT.
- This will give you access to the power cable, network cable and USB ports.
- Power cycle the device and attempt to connect again.
- If you are still unable to connect this would indicate that the device requires additional steps to bring it back online.
It is very possible(and in most cases) the device is pending a key press of F if it was effected by the recent power outages within the community,
A spare monitor and USB keyboard will be required so that you can view the HomeSeer startup screen directly when plugged in and powered on.
- Plug a HDMI cable into the HDMI port on the HomeSeer device and plug the other end of the HDMI cable into any monitor of your choice,
- Plug the USB keyboard into the available USB slot on the device,
- USB ports can be found on the top and bottom of the box.
- Unplug the power from the HomeSeer device for 10 seconds,
- Plug it back in and wait for the device to boot, (this takes about 30 seconds),
- While the device is being powered on look at the monitor that has been plugged in and check to see if it is stuck on a screen with a red logo,
- If this it true for you you will be prompted to press F1 to skip.
- Press F1 to continue the device boot sequence,
- On the next screen you should see HomeSeer on the screen waiting for the prompt to press F on the keyboard,
- Press F on the USB keyboard,
- Once pressed the box should finish booting and you will be presented with a login screen.
This is the desired result and means that the device is online.
You should be able to sign into the Steward App once this screen is present.
- Double check that the network cable is plugged into an internet source and emitting orange/yellow lights from the network cable port.
The steps above can also be accomplished without a monitor however we highly recommend you use a monitor to help resolve issues with the device. Using just a USB keyboard will achieve the same affect to resolve the issue.
- Unplug the HomeSeer from power for at least 10 seconds,
- Plug power back into HomeSeer and wait 15 seconds,
- You will see a green light coming from the internet cable,
- If the green light is solid with a flashing orange light, press F1 and wait 15 seconds,
- If the light is solid green with no additional lights being seen
- Press F and the light should turn off and then come back on as orange
- Once orange is seen on both sides, the issue has been fixed.
If the light is still green repeat steps 1-6 again, or plug in a monitor to view the screen.
Looking for more DIY support?
Your STEWARD system is based on the HomeSeer HomeTroller SEL home automation hub. You will need to access the HomeSeer interface in order to perform most advanced functions such as adding new devices and programming scenes. You can do this by going to your tablet, opening your browser, and typing find.homeseer.com into your address bar. Alternatively, you can use another device and log into your system remotely by going to myhs.homeseer.com. Below are some great resources for learning more about HomeSeer and all of its capabilities.
Works With HomeSeer
Below is a link to information from HomeSeer about all the devices and programs the HomeSeer interface works with.
Keep in mind that some devices that work with HomeSeer may not display properly in your STEWARD app. Here is a list of products that have been verified to work with STEWARD and HomeSeer.
STEWARD Compatible Product List
HomeSeer YouTube Channel
Below is a link to HomeSeer’s official YouTube channel. Here you will find lots of great videos on how to perform various actions with your HomeSeer.
HomeSeer Support Page
Below is a link to HomeSeer’s support page. Here you will find links to HomeSeer’s knowledge base, community forums, how to’s, and more.